Contact ME!

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, June 1, 2009

Save Money and still Scrap!

Scrapbooking is not really a hobby - it's more about the memory preservation. We need to preserve our memories for richer or for porer as the saying goes! This week I'm going to show you some cute layouts using scraps!
If you are not a scrap saver - now is the time. Personally I don't save every tid bit and scrap - but If I have a 3 x 3 piece or bigger - it's saved!

Let's begin by talking a little about organizing your scraps.
If your scraps are all jumbled together in one huge messy pile you are less likely to use them.
If they are well organized and close at hand you will find yourself reaching for scraps before a new sheet of paper! - This is crucial - you are not going to use what you can’t see!

I have a few quick, easy and inexpensive tips for organizing your scraps...

The first thing I recommend is separating your scraps into three categories:
CARDSTOCK, PATTERNED PAPER, AND SPECIALTY PAPER

Next, decide how you want to store your scraps- think about where you are going to keep your organized scraps so they are handy. I keep mine just below my work table for storage, and pull them up on top while I’m working. I couldn’t do that with a huge storage drawer system.

You can store scraps in:

Zip top baggies
Accordion file
Plastic drawers
12” X 12” 3 ring binder with page protectors
Hanging file folders
Large envelopes

Now, sort your cardstock by color- you can do color “families”, or go all out and give each color it’s own baggie/drawer.
You can sort your patterned paper and specialty paper by color also or just assign 1 drawer/bag to these papers- the choice is yours!
Once your scraps are organized you are ready to begin... tune in tomorrow for the first project using scraps!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am behind in posting...look at you go! Love the ideas! I am inspired to use my scraps now. LOVE serendipity squares!!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10