Contact ME!

Name

Email *

Message *

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Date Everything!




Hello Blog Readers! Today is The 27th of April 2009 - whay is this important? Well it's someone's birthday out there I'd imagine, someone is taking pictures of something, wouldn't you think? And even in today's tech age of email and e-cards someone somewhere is sending a handmade greeting card for a special occasion... Perhaps someone is even creating a Scrapbook Page - oh me, me - let that be me!






Well today's Journaling tip is to DATE EVERYTHING - date the day you took the picture (in your notebook right!) and also take the time to date cards you send. When you receive a card take a peek and jot the date on the back if needed... This important step is simply something I have learned since my Mother's passing... I came across Easter Cards she send my children and I have not clue which easter pages to put them on because there is NO DATE. I'm not going to toss them - I have them in the treasure box with the shells, pine cones and jewelry items that just don't fit in a scrapbook.




Now- wether you put your scrapbook pages in chronological order or random I think the date (at least month and year) are essential - and here is why: My scrapbooks are for my grandchildren essentially... while my kids enjoy them now I do not imagine they are going to beg me to let them take the scrapbooks when they move out...but my future grandchildren will think it is a HOOT to see their parents as children, and my scrapbooks will tell those children , and hopefully their children the stories I cannot when I am gone. I do not expect my pages to remain in chronological order forever - so without a date some of the story is missing.






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10